Husqvarna 173cc 21'' Kohler won't restart

mklinest

Forum Newbie
Threads
Husqvarna 173cc 21'' Kohler new in March 2010. Started 1st pull out of the box and 1st pull when cold. This model has no primer bulb. Problem is that it will not restart after stopping to empty catcher. Must wait an hour our more then starts right up. Smells flooded, happens every time I've used it, prob 10X.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
that model uses a temperature regulated choke and may not be working properly. sounds like you need to go see your local husky or kohler dealer since they more is so new.

lawnmod

Forum Newbie
Threads
Under warranty - I would take it back to the dealer.

nabaricia

Forum Newbie
Threads
same thing happened to me except i got two of the same exact model and both of them would not start

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
same thing happened to me except i got two of the same exact model and both of them would not start

Wow ... how do these places stay in business.. when they have that many DOA's ? ?? KennyV

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
certain serial numbers of the xt-7 engine have a problem with improper plating on the carb needle valve causing it to either stick shut and die after a few minutes or stick open causing a flooding condition. see you local kohler dealer for repair. engines are tested on the assembly line but this problem didn't show up until in the field for a few months to a year.

Bushy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Husqvarna 173cc 21'' Kohler new in March 2010. Started 1st pull out of the box and 1st pull when cold. This model has no primer bulb. Problem is that it will not restart after stopping to empty catcher. Must wait an hour our more then starts right up. Smells flooded, happens every time I've used it, prob 10X.

I have that same lawn mower and your story is my story!! JUNK