Blades 60inch Kubota Deck w/Mulching System - Gator Blades?

scp1scp

Forum Newbie
Threads
I had the mulching system installed at dealer and it works fine. It is now time to replace blades and I have been using the Kubota mulching blades. Does anyone have any experience with the Gator blades? It is a different design and looks interesting but would rather get someone who is using this to give me their thoughts/suggestions?
Thanks, Steve.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I had the mulching system installed at dealer and it works fine. It is now time to replace blades and I have been using the Kubota mulching blades. Does anyone have any experience with the Gator blades? It is a different design and looks interesting but would rather get someone who is using this to give me their thoughts/suggestions?
Thanks, Steve.

I used to run Gator Blades on my ZD326 Kubota. I did not have a mulching system on it but they worked out ok still. I do not think you will have any problems with them.

cruzenmike

Threads
While I do not have any experience with Kubota machines, I too questioned the use of "Gators" and alike for mulching on my Cub Cadet. The one thing to consider is that mulch kits usually rely on baffles and/or kicks and blades with a unique design that encourage clippings to stay under the deck so that they may be re-cut. Gators are medium to high lift blades with notches cut into the sail that help reduce clipping size while still encouraging blades to leave the deck through the chute. Knowing that the mulch kit as originally installed works well, why mess with it? Unfortunately cutting grass is far from a perfect science considering the infinite number of variables that go into a cut. If you personally find something that works, run with it and share your successes.

Mike