How to do a specific search

wilburn cox

Threads
Need help in doing searches on this forum.
Thanks in advance,
Red Cox

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Type what you are looking for and click search. The less words the more you will find. The more word the less you will find.

What are you looking for?

Midniteoyl

Threads
You can use the Search function at the top of the page, or do the Google search from the text box right below that. I find the Google search yields better results.

wilburn cox

Threads
You can use the Search function at the top of the page, or do the Google search from the text box right below that. I find the Google search yields better results.
Thanks,Midniteoyl. I visit another forum, "Tractorbynet" and use the google search a lot. Isn't there a specific way or wording to get the search on LawnWorld Forums?
Appreciate the help.
Red Cox

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks,Midniteoyl. I visit another forum, "Tractorbynet" and use the google search a lot. Isn't there a specific way or wording to get the search on LawnWorld Forums?
Appreciate the help.
Red Cox

In the bar at the top of the page click on search or just type in the google search just below it. Picture attached for clarity.
lawn world.jpg

Last edited:

Midniteoyl

Threads
Appreciate the help.
Red Cox

BlazNT has the picture showing the custom Google search box.. Its the same as TBN's, just in a different location.

I'm also on TBN..

edit: I think I see what you are asking. The Google search here doesnt actually seem to search the topics, only the Blog and News. In that case, you can still use Google, but after your search term type "site:lawmmowerforum.com" like this: "wilburn cox site:lawnmowerforum.com" https://www.google.com/#q=wilburn+cox+site:lawnmowerforum.com This is what the Custom Google search should be doing, but on here it doesnt seem to be set up that way.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In the grey bar near the top of the page ring under where it says "welcome,Midniteoyl" in darker grey is the internal forum search button.
Click on it and it brings up the internal search box.
It has always worked fine for me.
What are you looking for ?

Midniteoyl

Threads
In the grey bar near the top of the page ring under where it says "welcome,Midniteoyl" in darker grey is the internal forum search button.

Wasnt me looking.. But, the built-in searches on all these forums always leaves something to be desired. Usually the Google search is better.

wilburn cox

Threads
thanks, bert: just like to search out different posts concerning problems and etc with mowers like mine. I have a Craftsman garden tractor 1980 model that I use only as a utility tractor, Murray 2005 model and a Wards mower with twin engine. Keep them all serviced and repaired myself. This forum has helped me a lot.\
Thanks and have a great day
Red Cox