Ride quality of Z drives

lilguy

Threads
I've had mid sized Kubota tractors to mow my 5+ acres for over 30 years. Thought I'd look at a 60 in Zdrive as an addition to mow around all the trees that we've grown over the years. I rented a Kubota Z323 and was very disappointed in the ride quality. Took it back after 2 hours in a four hour job shaken and stired to a point of discomfort.
I have a beautiful rolling lawn, with some extreme hills and drive way shoulders, many trees and some 1/4 mile straightaways.
Are there any other, I might check out, before going with another Tractor. Thanks all.

DK35vince

Threads
Ferris has the suspension system.
My Hustler Super Z zero turn (35 HP, 72" deck) with suspension seat, flex forks and 7-8 PSI tire pressure rides a lot smoother when mowing at higher speeds than my 35 HP compact tractor.
It mows my 8 acre lawn in just over 2 hours.
With all the trees it takes me 3 1/4 hours to mow the same lawn with the tractor and 84" rear mount mower

Last edited:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes I got to see one and drive one. Not mow with it but drive it. Wow what a sweet ride.

BWH

Threads
Nice I hadn't seen the Toro suspension system, pretty innovative setup. I had fell in love with my Grammer suspension seat but I would like to try that system out. Next thing mowers will follow the truck industry with suspension cabs plus suspension seats.

lilguy

Threads
Test beat a new 5000 series on an old asphalt parking lot. The suspension system is unique. Demo unit was wrecked on a site test so I couldn't get one to my place yet. They were asking 12,5 with tax added. Koehler FI, 60 inch deck, manual lift. The same size Kubota has a diesel for the same $$s sans new suspension. Will try to get one to my place soon to test it out.