White smoke from craftsman lt1000.

xXThanatosXx

Forum Newbie
Threads
hi all,
I have a craftsman LT1000 (Model #917259530) i just bought from a guy a week ago. he says it often needs oil. i didn't think too much of it since he was selling it cheap under $300. when i started mowing it a few days ago it started to puff white clouds of smoke and smells like it was burning oil. There was oil drips from the left side where the fuel filter sits too. the oil is on the low end of the dip stick line. it was a bit brownish black color but everything seems to work fine. probably needed a tune up. A friend says its leaking from the head gasket into the cylinder somewhere. he said its probably not the carburetor. i looked on line and on you tube on how to replace head gaskets and it seems like CAKE BY THE OCEAN!!!! I bought a new gasket in case and will intend to fix it this July 4th when the parts get here. I need a second opinion if thats really the issue and not anywhere else.

Thanks so much. any help is appreciated!!!

:laughing:xXThanatosXx:laughing:

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
It is common or not so common depending on who is having problems. But the head gasket blowing between the cylinder wall and the push rod cavity on single cylinder OHV briggs engines happens

xXThanatosXx

Forum Newbie
Threads
My main focus will be there. i will upload pictures in progress.

Thanks for the reply.:laughing: