Is Best Buy giving me the "BIG LIE" or not?

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Less than a week ago I ordered a laptop computer for my nephew thru BestBuy.com (online site) and arrranged to pick it up and pay for it at a local store. Gave it to my nephew a few days later, and all was settled. Until I read the sales insert for BB in the Sunday paper, less than a week after my purchase, they were selling the same item for $100 less. Per their claim to price match within a 14 day period of a computer purchase, I called their 1-888 number and they assured me their credit department would issue a $106 credit to my Visa card within 4 to 7 business days.

Although they gave me a case number and the phone number of their credit department, I am rather skeptical if they will actually do what they claim. All they need to do is stall around until next Wednesday, and then they can say I did not request my price match within the 14 day limit from the date of purchase.

Has anyone here ever had the same experience (trying to get a price match refund) from Best Buy, and what was your result? Thanks.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Inquired on the same issue over at TBN, and already almost 30 responses there. COME ON, COME ON, GIMME SOME FEEDBACK HERE TOO !!!!!

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't have a Best Buy anywhere near me. Erie or Buffalo - both an hour away. :frown: Wish there was one closer, tho.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't have a Best Buy anywhere near me. Erie or Buffalo - both an hour away. :frown: Wish there was one closer, tho.

You better get over there and grab an extra air conditioner or two because I am sending some heat your way...a few minutes after I took this pic of our indoor temp readout, (of the actual outdoor temperature) the 99 became a 100.....:eek:

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 7

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Inquired on the same issue over at TBN, and already almost 30 responses there. COME ON, COME ON, GIMME SOME FEEDBACK HERE TOO !!!!!

UPDATE HERE: After spending almost 7 hours in phone calls, being put on hold, a visit to the BB store where I originally got the laptop, and registering at BestBuy.com Community forums, and making a number of nasty, sarcastic posts about my situation and the inability to get my $106 credit, the moderator in charge of the forum did a lot of investigation (so he told me) and his explanation was, quote:

The store you purchased the computer at somehow marked the item you purchased as RETURNED for some reason, so our credit department thought you were not due a price match refund. And to complicate matters, they ALSO put a different purchase order number on the return, so your original PO number could not be applied.

Oh, sure....I have serious misgivings about a lot of that, and I am sure if I had not done all the griping where the public could view it on Bestbuy.com, I would still be trying to get my $106, although the moderator assures me HE has already done so. I have my doubts.

Not likely I will ever do business with them again, based on my experience this time. TAKE HEED !!!

Oh yes, have about 40 responses over at TBN.

Stevie-Ray

Threads
My BB story is not quite the same. Many years ago I bought from them a 36" TV, and a wall unit from Art Van. The wall unit went in place first and BB was supposed to deliver the TV on a specified date. I took that day off work as my wife would not want to deal with perhaps moving something around or whatnot. BB never showed up. At approximately 6pm, I called them to find out WTH. I was told I was not on the list for a delivery that day. I went ballistic and was quickly switched from person to person on the phone, nobody wanting to talk to a lunatic, evidently. I finally got the video manager and told her I was coming in for a FTF discussion and she had better have a good explanation. Long story short, the damage was done, but she would offer me a 5 year warranty insurance program on the TV free of charge. She had to show the insurance paid, but could drop the price of the TV from $899 to $749, so that I paid no more. These were the days that BB was not a "dealing" center, i.e. the price was the price. It was definitely worth it to me because that TV was about 300 lbs, and I didn't want to have to ever bring it in for service. She went a long way to keeping BB in my good graces. I've dealt with them ever since and have had no more problems.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
UPDATE HERE: After spending almost 7 hours in phone calls, being put on hold, a visit to the BB store where I originally got the laptop, and registering at BestBuy.com Community forums, and making a number of nasty, sarcastic posts about my situation and the inability to get my $106 credit, the moderator in charge of the forum did a lot of investigation (so he told me) and his explanation was, quote:

The store you purchased the computer at somehow marked the item you purchased as RETURNED for some reason, so our credit department thought you were not due a price match refund. And to complicate matters, they ALSO put a different purchase order number on the return, so your original PO number could not be applied.

Oh, sure....I have serious misgivings about a lot of that, and I am sure if I had not done all the griping where the public could view it on Bestbuy.com, I would still be trying to get my $106, although the moderator assures me HE has already done so. I have my doubts.

Not likely I will ever do business with them again, based on my experience this time. TAKE HEED !!!

Oh yes, have about 40 responses over at TBN.

Now the good news. I did get my $106 credit, which I gave to my nephew because it was HIS gift computer I got the refund on. And guess what? Unknown to me, but to my nephew, because he has been accepted by a college and will start this fall, he had an .edu email address, and the laptop I gave him was one of a select group sold by Best Buy that offered a free Xbox 360 as a bonus for a limited time. He "returned" the paperwork I gave him to get the bonus (a $220 value)

My nephew is so happy, he got his dream laptop, a free Xbox, and another $106 courtesy of his generous uncle....:biggrin::biggrin:

michael b

Forum Newbie
Threads
I had 1 issue with best buy where I had to get a claim ticket number. I actually was surprised that it didnt get lost in the process. They were replacing a lost gift card. It took about a month but I did get the replacement and even a followup phone call. Also, I have had good experiences with BB price matching by simply going back to the store. Everything is saved on my rewards account so it makes the process easier. The latest was a 40 dollar adjustment to an external hard disk drive that I bought a week before it went on sale. They even handed me cash when I used my card.