mtd yardman hn7180 early model wont move

Markallsopp

Threads
yardman HN7180 HYDRO MOWER

starts and runs ok cutter works but wont move forward or back when put in gear on .
put on jacks still now movement from wheels.

it has no grass collector on rear is there any micro switches that cuts the drive out if so where?

can I get a workshop manual or wiring diagram anywhere

Midniteoyl

Threads
yardman HN7180 HYDRO MOWER

starts and runs ok cutter works but wont move forward or back when put in gear on .
put on jacks still now movement from wheels.

it has no grass collector on rear is there any micro switches that cuts the drive out if so where?

can I get a workshop manual or wiring diagram anywhere

Link to manuals.. http://support.mtdproducts.com/app/...perators-manuals-&-illustrated-parts-diagrams

I dont know that model, but, is there a belt driving the hydro pump? Is it there?

Markallsopp

Threads
belt hydro pump ? thought only one belt on it ?

Midniteoyl

Threads
belt hydro pump ? thought only one belt on it ?

As I said, I dont know your model.. However, most of these MTD Hydro drive units have a double pully on the engine shaft. The upper one runs all the way back to drive the hydro pump. Looks like this:

Oregon+44-367+Pulley,+Engine+Double+Hydro+Drive+MTD+756-0983_M.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
13AF794N643

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm not saying to go and buy the belt I'm saying you need to look under the mower and see if you have one installed or not. If you do we can trouble shoot why it is not working. If you don't have one then it will have to be purchased.

Markallsopp

Threads
I'm not saying to go and buy the belt I'm saying you need to look under the mower and see if you have one installed or not. If you do we can trouble shoot why it is not working. If you don't have one then it will have to be purchased.

if it the belt that goes around the cutter drive then yes it has one and goes on bottom pulley if not I need to get looking again

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
It connects in the same place as the cutter belt except higher on a different pulley and goes all the way to the back of the mower to a pulley on the transmission. If you don't see both belts connected to the engine pulley then that is your problem.