RZ4219 drive belt replacement (EZT belt)

mikec35

Threads
According to the parts manual , Ser # 966809000 and higher I have here ( free download from Husqvarna ) the belt number is 575 852401

That was the correct drive belt #. Thank you

ringolong

Forum Newbie
Threads
Fixed! I am embarrassed to say but I had the pulley/fan on wrong (fan on top of pulley) and the belt wouldn't fit. Just for anyone else that may search this in the future, you have to loosen the bolt/nut over the right side transaxle pump holding the idler arm almost to the point where you are taking the nut off to get enough room to get the belt over the right side pump pulley. Even with the bolt on the idler arm loose you still have to work to get the belt on the right pulley. Once on the pump pulleys you have enough slack in the idler pulley to feed the belt around it and the engine pulley.

Thank you!

IMG_3746.jpg

ChristopherJ

Forum Newbie
Threads
thank you, gentlemen. After 5 years, the belt broke on me while I'm doing a client's yard. Down to dealer, not in stock, but another unrelated business sold me a compatible belt and I came here for advice on install.

Lot of swearing as access is nil, but managed to get between idle arm and pulley without undoing the bolt. Tight fit, but some back and forth did it. As may know the belt can fit either way, but only one side is correct, so above photo was invaluable at the end. Oh yes, and stretching that spring....

Hate the mower, everytime it breaks, I break knuckles fixing.

Thanks again for sharing

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You are mowing for a living and you don't have a full set of replacement belts in your truck ?
Without checking them myself I would be flabbergastd if Gates could not supply you one of their mower belts to fit on overnight delivery