Echo SRM-225 Trimmer Spool

jmarka

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an Echo SRM-225 Trimmer. The spool for the line has an L on one side and R on the other. I took it off without noticing which side was facing up or down, although both sides look the same. Does anyone know if the spool is directional somehow. I don't know why it would have an L on one side and R on the other if it wasn't, but it looks symmetrical. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

jmarka

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an Echo SRM-225 Trimmer. The spool for the line has an L on one side and R on the other. I took it off without noticing which side was facing up or down, although both sides look the same. Does anyone know if the spool is directional somehow. I don't know why it would have an L on one side and R on the other if it wasn't, but it looks symmetrical. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I found the answer to my question and am posting in case others need to know. The Speed Feed 400 is directional and line won't feed is installed upside down. The Speed Feed 400 cutting head offers the ability to use it on units that run clockwise and counter clockwise. If the head is installed on a SRM or a 58V trimmer then the letter "L" on the spool should be facing out. If the letter "R" is facing out then the spool should be flipped over and the head can be reassembled.