1974 Sears Suburban - This is as serious as they get......

rer

Threads
  • / 1974 Sears Suburban - This is as serious as they get......
I have a sears suburban from around the same time. I made a mistake, the stock rears are 22.5x7.5/12, and not 21.5
I never see any kind of tires for this purpose on cl. I did see a husquvarna with near the same size tires. I believe they were 23's

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
i would look at the "all for sale" category....and try garden tractor tires or just "tires"....got any pictures of your rig?

rer

Threads
I don't have any pics on this computer but 2 youtube vids. <iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hV7X5Exsgdk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

this is after the rebuild but it still knocks a little.

if that doesnt work here is a link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV7X5Exsgdk

rer

Threads
There is another vid on my channel before the rebuild of the wisconsin. I suppose it could be that wide with new tires. lol. I did have one hell of a garden until the drought hit us. I had 2 thirty foot rows of every thing from alvocados to zuccini until one day no rain.....:frown: alot of frowns for me today.

pray for rain in texas.

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
no doubt! :frown:...i love alvocados :wink:

rer

Threads
Still no lick on tires on craigslist, but lots of other cool stuff. I really need my machine up and running. Can anyone recommend any tire sites or a chinese site that may have cheap prices?

benski

Threads
Still no lick on tires on craigslist, but lots of other cool stuff. I really need my machine up and running. Can anyone recommend any tire sites or a chinese site that may have cheap prices?

All I can offer is the obvious Google avenue. By the way, I just bought a 1978 Sears GT 18 for $50.00, it's pretty much all there, as far as I can tell, but I don't know if it runs. I think it is worth close to $50.00 in scrap value alone, but I'd hate to see it go to the recycler. If the 2cyl. Onan is toast, I may put in a B&S Vanguard.

benski

Threads
I'm not sure if anyone cares about a 33 year old tractor, but I got the 18hp Onan opposed twin in my 1978 GT 18 running smoothly yesterday:biggrin:. I'd forgotten how smoothly these boxers run. Now, on to the rest; need to see if the trans and diff. work, and have to get my electrically operated 3pt. hitch unfrozen and operational. One step at a time, I guess.:smile::thumbsup: