Ebay/Craigslist HONDA HRA216 SX For Sale

clrob76

Forum Newbie
Threads
http://southjersey.craigslist.org/for/5638273982.html

Here's a link to my HONDA Commercial mower for sale. After years of keeping up on her maintenance, I sadly have to throw my arms up and wave the white flag, which sucks because this was my dad's and I always took pride in using the same piece of equipment that he used when I was just a baby. The engine is in great condition and starts half way through the first pull EVERY time. The deck is my issue. It needs to have a plate welded on or the deck replaced. Both items are way out of my comfort zone for repair and too expensive to pay a shop to do. Thought some of you mower heads may be interested. See post for pics and more specifics. Email me at clrob76@gmail.com if interested.

Also, I do visit the Philly area pretty often, so I can make arrangements to meet a little closer to that area if needed.

earthworm

Threads
http://southjersey.craigslist.org/for/5638273982.html

Here's a link to my HONDA Commercial mower for sale. After years of keeping up on her maintenance, I sadly have to throw my arms up and wave the white flag, which sucks because this was my dad's and I always took pride in using the same piece of equipment that he used when I was just a baby. The engine is in great condition and starts half way through the first pull EVERY time. The deck is my issue. It needs to have a plate welded on or the deck replaced. Both items are way out of my comfort zone for repair and too expensive to pay a shop to do. Thought some of you mower heads may be interested. See post for pics and more specifics. Email me at clrob76@gmail.com if interested.

Also, I do visit the Philly area pretty often, so I can make arrangements to meet a little closer to that area if needed.
As I see it, the selling cost exceeds its value ... maybe ten dollars as a parts unit .. Honda engines are fantastic .. good for 30 to 50 years ??

Snapperfreak

Threads
My own opinion here but if he sale won't bring much money and it was your father's would keeping it just for the sake of keeping it be an option? Buy another mower of course but I'd be hanging onto that one just because.

ammodave

Threads
I had the same thing happen to one of my aluminum deck Hondas. I went to my local dealer and purchased a good condition deck off one of his dead mowers and replaced the deck.

clrob76

Forum Newbie
Threads
My own opinion here but if he sale won't bring much money and it was your father's would keeping it just for the sake of keeping it be an option? Buy another mower of course but I'd be hanging onto that one just because.

I thought about that and still might if I don't get any takers. The price is definitely negotiable, and I'd be willing to entertain any offers. Just chose that number as a jumping off point. The bag frame, bag, and side discharge alone were over $120, new carb was another $40. All these parts are only 2 seasons old. Thanks for everyone's input.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have no emotional attachment to anything that does not breath. Part that thing out and make some take the wife out money. They love that stuff.

clrob76

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have no emotional attachment to anything that does not breath. Part that thing out and make some take the wife out money. They love that stuff.

Well put BlazNT. In the market for some high quality mower parts? I hear the ladies also love a nice young sack attached to an experienced motor that won't quit. ?

clrob76

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sold it last night for $75. Young man with a small landscaping company was very familiar with the model and happy with the condition since he has a mechanic that can tune it up professionally and weld a patch to the deck. He thought he stole it from me at $75 and I was pleased with the $75. We both walked away grinning ear to ear.

On another note, I was happy it went to him. It served my father well with his small landscaping business back in the 80's, sat for about 15 years, it served me well for the past 7 years on my personal property, and now it will serve another young landscaper entrepreneur for another very long time. Tonight my new HRX217VKA will arrive and hopefully it will serve me well for years to come. Overall, extremely happy with the outcome.

Thanks for the replies.

Rob

Snapperfreak

Threads
Cool deal, glad it went to the right person. Win-win.