Problem re-attaching tension spring to mower deck Idler arm after removal

HampY

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Problem re-attaching tension spring to mower deck Idler arm after removal
I have a Troy Bilt Pony riding mower with a 42 inch deck (model 13WM77K2011 with date of manufacturer 5/2015). I purchased the mulching kit and have been installing it today.

However, when attempting to reattach the deck to the mower, I am having difficulty re-attaching the PTO cable tension spring to the Idler arm. I had difficulty getting it off during removal of the deck but have been unable to re-hook it after 2 hours of trying. There does not seem to be enough clearance between the bracket and the deck.

Does anyone have an suggestion or a trick that might help? I have looked at every video on the Troy Bilt site and every You Tube video which seemed to have any relevance but none has any specific views or suggestions.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Problem re-attaching tension spring to mower deck Idler arm after removal
If you know where it goes then use a small diameter rope to pull it back in place. Loop the rope around the part of the spring that goes into the hole. Pull with all your strength. If you can not remove the rope when done it can be cut close and left in place.

If you don't know where is goes that is a different problem. Let us know what one we are dealing with.