Accelerator Spring replacement on Craftsman LT2000

Cb3rnick

Forum Newbie
Threads
The accelerator spring on my Craftsman LT2000 just broke, and I don't know where to a) attach the replacement spring to the accelerator and b) attach the other end of the spring to the chassis or elsewhere.

The parts list diagram from the Craftsman manual doesn't indicate the attachment points for either end of the spring.

Thanks for any assistance that can be offered.

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Hi!

:welcome:

I have moved your thread over to the Craftsman section to see if someone over there can help.

Cb3rnick

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, Catherine.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you would post the model numbers for the tractor and the engine, it would be a big help. The LT2000 came with different engines, depending on the year. Without both sets of numbers it will be very difficult to help you.

Cb3rnick

Forum Newbie
Threads
Model number: 247.288852

Engine: 331877-0869-G5

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Please do the following. Go to sears parts direct and download an operators manual. That manual has an engine breakdown. Find the spring you are taking about and report back with that info. At that point we will be able to tell you where it goes. I think you may be referring to part number 232 which is the governor link spring, but I may be wrong.

Cb3rnick

Forum Newbie
Threads
The spring part Number from the owners manual is: 732–016D. this is reference number 51 on page 41 of the operators manual.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Are you telling me you had the manual with parts breakdown and part number before you even started this thread and didn't post it? Boy it sure looks that way. Now I am $:(£%|\. I shouldn't even continue and tell you where it goes. What you did is why many of the techs don't help some members, because they are to lazy to do a little work on their own, or not smart enough the be working on anything mechanical. That being said I will be answering you question and then getting out of this thread, because I hate being taken as a fool. First of all, 732-016D is not a good part number so I have to assume you either mean part number 732-0716D or 732-04764 which means I have to give you two different answers and let you pick the right one. 732-076D spring has nothing to do with the accelerator, it is a brake spring. If you look at you MANUAL you will see end is attached to the brake rod and the other end is attached to the brake lever on the transmission. Not hard to miss. 732-04764 spring attaches to the pin as you can see and then I believe to the brake pedal shaft. Best I'm doing, I've got other threads to look at, don't expect me back. Bye and Good Luck.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think he has it now. LMAO.