Dixon Kodiak Commercial ZTR

tj4ndirish

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi All.....

We are buying a house with about 2 acres. So, I'm needing a riding mower. I'm not sure what I'm looking for, but I came across this one. It's a 2008(?) Kodiak Commercial Ztr 50". They are asking 1200, but will take 1100. Oil, transmission fluid, front bearings tires and belts were just done. It has 1269 hours on it, I tried it out tonight and it did well (I guess since it's first one I've tried).

Couple of questions. Anyone know anything about this brand? I can't find any info on it. And, does it sound like a good deal?

Thanks

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi All.....

We are buying a house with about 2 acres. So, I'm needing a riding mower. I'm not sure what I'm looking for, but I came across this one. It's a 2008(?) Kodiak Commercial Ztr 50". They are asking 1200, but will take 1100. Oil, transmission fluid, front bearings tires and belts were just done. It has 1269 hours on it, I tried it out tonight and it did well (I guess since it's first one I've tried).

Couple of questions. Anyone know anything about this brand? I can't find any info on it. And, does it sound like a good deal?

Thanks

Dixon is a brand that is owned by Husqvarna. It has been discontinued, but the new Husqvarna ztr mowers are based on the same design. They are very good mowers. 1269 is a lot of hours, but worth $1100 if it is in good running condition. You should check the spindles and bearings for slack as well before you purchase.

John R

Threads
Used to have a Dixon dealer by me (back when they were Dixon), they are some very well built mowers.
Nice heavy duty decks.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hi All.....

Thanks

A good deal or not would depend on the make and Hp of the engine, drives and things like spindles and what shape there really in. If you can find out, find out how it was used, Commercially or residential? Do they have any maintenance records? Who changed the Oil, transmission fluid, front bearings tires and belts, were they done by a dealer or done by the owner to make things look good for the purpose of selling the mower? A mower like the one you describe can end up costing you a lot more in the long run than what it's worth.