Toro 20370 not running

EdBrown

Threads
I recently purchased a Toro, 20370. Overall, good appearance and has bagger, but will not start. Cleaning carburetor shows that bowl was really corroded and I purchased a new carburetor. After installing, still will not start. Has new gas in it, gas flows good into carb, good compression, good spark - starts each time with starter fluid, and new air filter Is there anything else for me to check? I thought sure it would start when I installed new carburetor, but just will not. Has a Kohler carburetor. Thanks.
Ed

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Did you check your fuel lines for hardness and cracks?
Did you reinstall the cables correctly?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
:welcome:

If you think we can magically come up with a fix for your mower, you are on the wrong forum.
Over here people tell us exactly what mower name & model number and the engine make and model number they have followed by a detailed description of their problem and all the symptoms they heard , saw & felt.
We then interperate these and make the best diagnosis we can based upon the information proffered

If you think that we can fix it with the information given you need to google Magicians & soothsayers.

EdBrown

Threads
Did you check your fuel lines for hardness and cracks?
Did you reinstall the cables correctly?

Thanks very much for your suggestions. I checked again, but everything seems to be working good. Kinda baffling to me, since I thought the new carburetor would certain be the fix.
Thanks again, and I will keep at it, and maybe get it started soon.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
So if everything looks good then lets get back to what I think it is. Dirty fuel in line. Did you drain and flush gas before installing new carb. If not you have sucked dirt or water into new carb. I would start by getting carb cleaner and squirting that stuff down all the little holes you can see from the inside of the carb to the outside of the carb. Most blow from the other direction and can lodge the dirt in even further. Remove the carb for this. Take the bowl off and the bolt that holds the bowl on has holes in it they must be clean also. I would love to give you better info on this but I do not know what engine or carb you have so this is just generic stuff.

EdBrown

Threads
Many thanks again for your advice. I did put fresh gas in the mower when I got it. However, I did not flush it out, and it might have some dirt or water sucked into the new carb.
I will take the carburetor off again, and clean it totally and make sure this is not the problem. This Toro has a Kohler engine XT675, carburetor 14-853-36S. I am not that fond of Kohler engines, but have had a couple in the past, and they did work ok. Many thanks again, and I will get this done today or tomorrow. Will post on what happens.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
This carb has 2 inlet holes. One for gas. What does the other one connect too?Carb part number is 1485349S
kohler 1485349S.jpg

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Have you checked to see if the choke is fully closing? Common problem with these engines. Blaz, second tube is bowl vent, some manufacturers put a short tube on them.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Have you checked to see if the choke is fully closing? Common problem with these engines. Blaz, second tube is bowl vent, some manufacturers put a short tube on them.

That makes sense but it seemed a little large to me but what do I know?