Sudden windrows with Fastrak

mooch91

Threads
All

I cut last night and suddenly had an issue with windrows, for the first time since I owned my Fastrak about a year now.

It seemed to be running well, spraying clippings like usual, but it left a heavy trail right at the discharge.

I had sharpened and changed the blades the night before. Only thing I did different than usual was to lift the mower by the deck instead of the front frame using my floor jack when changing the blades. Could I have tweaked the deck?

It seemed to be measuring level at the 4 corners (within 1/8" when I checked after cutting). I had one tire about 4 lbs low on air but it has probably been that way all season. Grass was damp but didn't seem particularly wet. I scraped after the cut and it had less hung up on it than it did when I changed the blades the night before.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Damp grass will do that.
Check the height of the blades not the deck.
Measure the height of tthe tip of the blade then turn it around 180 and measure the other side.
This must be exactly the same for every blade.

mooch91

Threads
Maybe it was wetter than I thought. I won't know until the next real cut.

I just set the deck per hustlers procedure (laying it down on 3 inch blocks). This is the way I set it up new, and the way I confirmed level last night. It has been working good for almost a year.

I put the high lift blades on tonight to clean up the windrows now that they have dried. The cut sure is nice - even my fescue striped!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That is fine if the mower is new and as known nice new flat blades as in a brand new machine.

Howeer it is the blades that do the cutting and blocking the deck will not show up a slightly twisted or bent blade.
And a twisted or bent blade will make a drasticdifference to the air flow under the deck