Mulcherizer

motomike

Threads
Hi all........new member from GA with a 1971 or thereabouts V21 push mower that my folks bought new and has been cutting our families lawns ever since. New 3.5 BS "Classic" engine installed in 1986 when original threw a rod. Rest of mower is original except for some aftermarket wheels I put on several yrs ago.

Just cleaned the cutting deck, sharpened and balanced the blade, changed oil, cleaned air filter, seafoamed carb a bit. Now I'm looking at a "mulcherizer" kit on Ebay. Model 7061200. Is anyone familiar with this kit? The bagger works great as always but I'm getting tired of dealing with all the clippings.

I've considered getting a new mulcher mower, but since this Snapper shows no sign of slowing down, thought I might just adapt it to mulching. Any advice?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
:welcome::welcome::welcome:
Hi all........new member from GA with a 1971 or thereabouts V21 push mower that my folks bought new and has been cutting our families lawns ever since. New 3.5 BS "Classic" engine installed in 1986 when original threw a rod. Rest of mower is original except for some aftermarket wheels I put on several yrs ago.

Just cleaned the cutting deck, sharpened and balanced the blade, changed oil, cleaned air filter, seafoamed carb a bit. Now I'm looking at a "mulcherizer" kit on Ebay. Model 7061200. Is anyone familiar with this kit? The bagger works great as always but I'm getting tired of dealing with all the clippings.

I've considered getting a new mulcher mower, but since this Snapper shows no sign of slowing down, thought I might just adapt it to mulching. Any advice?

The poor litte Classic is going to struggle with a mulching gear on the mower.
Mulching gobbles up around 20% of the mowers power so you will have to walk verrrrrry slooooowly or it will leave clumps of uncut grass.
Alernatively in season mow every 2 to 4 days.
You are also restricted to cutting high 2" minimum cut height and should not cut any more then 1" at a time so you might find it a bit restrictive.

motomike

Threads
OK, that's what I needed to know. Been looking at a new Honda, might go that route. Thanks for the info.