Raptor SD with bagger

Gringeaux

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all, new member.

Purchased Raptor SD with bagger from local dealer (Pro Power Baton Rouge) a few weeks ago. I have one acre lot with around half acre to mow. Have enjoyed my Toro Timecutter 42 since 2010, purchased at big box store. I bagged with the Toro with good success past 4/5 years. I've given the Toro to my son who just purchased new house with similar lawn. I like to maintain my equipment, so I was looking for something a little more substantial. Decided on the SD with bagger. I am extremely pleased with the cut and bagger. The deck vacuumed better than my Toro. I was concerned after reading a few threads on the forum regarding bagging with a Hustler. Mine works extremely well. Highly recommend it! I just feel my Raptor SD is worth maintaining and will serve me as long as I take proper care of it. Best to all. Great info here has helped me plan my maintenance schedules.

kraky

Threads
Geez Gingreaux...you're no fun.
You should come here kicking and screaming about what junk Hustler products are!
So please let the air out of one of your tires, put on dull low lift blades, cut 6 inches of grass down to 1 inch, and only mow 6 mph with a heavy morning dew..... then come back and tell us how good that darn Hustler bagger is! Lol!

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Can I ask why you bag when mulching is better for your lawn?

Gringeaux

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just think my lawn lookes better after I bag the clippings. Also keeps our dogs from bringing in clippings on their feet. I do fertilize twice each year, and recycle the clippings under our shrubbery.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I do hope you compost those clippings first.
Much better for the shrubs and the worms breed like crazy in old cold compost.
If your soil is not too alkaline toss a few handfulls of dolomite and blood & bone into the mix and you will be amazed at the results.
I grow my vegies in strait well aged compost 2' deep and produce enough vegies for us, the landlord ( 4 people ) and both neighbours in season.
las year was a downer as they have banned Lebacid down here so fruit flys got a lot more than we did but the worms had a fiest.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I just think my lawn lookes better after I bag the clippings. Also keeps our dogs from bringing in clippings on their feet. I do fertilize twice each year, and recycle the clippings under our shrubbery.

I get the dogs.

Gringeaux

Forum Newbie
Threads
Our lot was planted by landscape architect professor 60 years ago. I have camellias and sesanqua 25 feet tall surrounding the property. I just spread the clippings underneath and it controls undergrowth.

I mulched for several years and ended with horrible thatch problem. Bagging has cured that for me.