lx 176

dusanb

Forum Newbie
Threads
Got LX 176 that worked fine until two days ago. Seems like the fuel is not getting to it. I changed the filter, i replaced the fuel pump and still nothing. When i pour some gas into the carburetor it starts for about three seconds and then stops again. It looks like the fuel pump will not suction gasoline. Please help

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Got LX 176 that worked fine until two days ago. Seems like the fuel is not getting to it. I changed the filter, i replaced the fuel pump and still nothing. When i pour some gas into the carburetor it starts for about three seconds and then stops again. It looks like the fuel pump will not suction gasoline. Please help

:welcome:

On the bottom of the carb is a small cylinder.
This is the fuel shut off solenoid-anti afterfire solenoid, call it what you want.
It shoves a plunger up the end of the fuel intake to prevent unburned fuel being passed through the engine after you have turned it off and before it stopped spinning.
If this fails it stops fuel going into the engine so it will spin & not start.
Put a ctach bowl under the carb and remove it.
Turn the mower on & off check that it works , up is off down is on.
If there is only 1 wire to it then it needs to be earthed out to a metal part.

Now have a look in that catch bowl.
If it has water , rust or other gunk in it then you will need to pull the carb off and clean it.

dusanb

Forum Newbie
Threads
thanks for helping out. i removed the needle and tested it out, seems to be working fine ( up and down) however its still wont fire up the engine. any more suggestions? Also, i unplugged the fuel hose leading to carburetor, fuel does not get into carburetor at all, i can feel air coming out of the pump, but for some reason it does not suck fuel. I replaced the filter, cleaned up the hoses.

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well you have a blockage between the fuel tank and the pump or the diaphragm in the pump is torn.