Trying to find a bagger (possibly)

Jason1976

Forum Newbie
Threads
So my old push mower recently died its final death. I purchased a Bolen's mulching push mower from a guy who rebuilds and sells mowers. It's in great condition but I've never owned a mulching mower. My old mower was a side discharge and never had a bit of trouble no matter the grass height.
Well this mower bogs down terribly if the grass has any height to it. It infuriates me. I mow a few other yards as well and I'm getting fed up. Instead of the normal 2 hours of mowing it's taking 3 hours. I'm constantly having to clean the grass from underneath the deck.

So my questions are: Should I purchase a bagger so the grass has somewhere to go? Also, I have searched over a dozen websites and cannot find a bagger. Does this mower have to have a brand specific bagger? I'm not paying $80 for a Bolen's bagger. Are there baggers that fit multiple mowers?
It is a 21" cut rear bagger.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

primerbulb120

Threads
Could you post a picture so I can get a better idea of what you have?

Jason1976

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well I'm trying. I'm clicking the darn picture icon. I've picked 3 photos but there is no "ok" option.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    35.7 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    103.8 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    25.6 KB · Views: 4

Jason1976

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok well I think it worked. I was just searching online and didn't know there was such a thing as a side chute that can be put on the back. I'm trying to find one of those too..that would fit my mower. I wouldn't need to bag if there was a chute hooked to the back that shot it out the side.
Going to upload 2 more photos that I think didn't go.

primerbulb120

Threads
That mower doesn't have a side discharge door, so rear discharge would be the way to go if there's a discharge chute available for that mower. Post the model number if you can get it and I will look one up. :thumbsup:

Jason1976

Forum Newbie
Threads
That would be amazing if you could find one. I've tried.
The model # is: 11A-414A065

primerbulb120

Threads
Okay, I think you either need to find a bag or you need a bigger mower with a side discharge attachment. If you will send me a private message with a more specific location, I can look up a used bagger for you on Craigslist. In my area there are plenty of baggers for sale ~$10-$20 each. I don't know what your area is like, but there might a used bagger that will work on your mower. Good chance as there were a lot of those mowers made. :smile: