Hydrostat

Frankendixon3014

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is it possible to convert a Dixon 3014 cone drive into a hydrostat drive?? Ive already done an engine swap with a 429, when i was adjusting the cones i broke the eye rod end, part# 7786.. please help.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would think it would almost be impossible. They sit so close to the ground. My frome is 19" off the ground. That would give the mower way to much of a rake to work. Plus used hydros will be $400 to $700 each.

Frankendixon3014

Forum Newbie
Threads
So 2 hydro wheel motors mounted to the frame with a hydro pump powered by the pto wont work??

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
So 2 hydro wheel motors mounted to the frame with a hydro pump powered by the pto wont work??

If you can think of it it will work.
Really would not be that hard to install two motors and a pump.
Just have to get a setup that the motors control the motion and not the pump.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
What I was saying is if you put two motors attached to the frame it would raise the rear end 6 inches. How will you level the deck?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
What I was saying is if you put two motors attached to the frame it would raise the rear end 6 inches. How will you level the deck?

He only needs a One inch hole for the shaft to go threw the frame. Bolt the motor to the side of the frame. Not the bottom.
A hydro motor is only 4"x4"

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
He only needs a One inch hole for the shaft to go threw the frame. Bolt the motor to the side of the frame. Not the bottom.
A hydro motor is only 4"x4"

That may work.:smile:A little fab work will be needed but it may work.

Frankendixon3014

Forum Newbie
Threads
My mower has a cone drive. Id take cone drive transaxle off and put the hydro motors and pump in place of it. Just would have to figure out how to control it with the arms.