Buying Advice FERRIS IS 2100 WHICH MOTOR?

ferris700

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have Briggs motors gotten better? or still pay extra (a lot extra) for Kawasaki?

Is Vanguard just more expensive Briggs or actually a well made Briggs?

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
As I see it, it should be less money for the Kawasaki, I sure wouldn't pay more for less engine. Kawasaki is overpriced junk and you will find very few agree with me on this on this forum.

primerbulb120

Threads
Have Briggs motors gotten better? or still pay extra (a lot extra) for Kawasaki?

Read these pages:

briggsandstratton.com/na/en_us/products/engines/commercial-engines.html

lawnsite.com/threads/b-s-vanguard-engines-good.71529/

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads

The Vanguard engine is made by Diahatsu, which is owned by Toyota. The big block Vanguard is a very good engine. It would be my top engine choice for an IS2100

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Are you sure of thta ?
I was under the understanding that B & S bought Vanguard in the 90's after Vanguard failed to make any inroads into the small engine market.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Are you sure of thta ?
I was under the understanding that B & S bought Vanguard in the 90's after Vanguard failed to make any inroads into the small engine market.

I am sure. Vanguard engines are made by Diahatsu. B&S partnered with them to put their brand on the engine.

Briggs & Stratton Corporation

Briggs & Stratton Logo

Briggs & Stratton Logo

Find Your Model Number

YOU.POWERED.
Products

Support

Parts
Home Products Engines Commercial Engines
Vanguard Commercial Power
COMMERCIAL ENGINES
Briggs & Stratton Commercial Power designs and manufactures robust, high performance engines. Premium-grade Vanguard™ engines are application-engineered to power equipment that works for a living. Our team promises to work as hard as our Briggs & Stratton engines to earn the respect of everyone with whom we do business. We deliver the best total solution.

Through an alliance with recognized commercial engine manufacturer Daihatsu, a member of the Toyota Group, and internal production facilities, we are able to offer the most complete range of commercial engines. From 5.5 to 36 gross horsepower, Vanguard engines provide the broadest range of commercial air-cooled power solutions for your equipment.

Visit Vanguardengines.com
Briggs & Stratton Logo
COMPANY PROFILE BRANDS CAREER CENTER INVESTOR RELATIONS BRIGGS & STRATTON NEWSROOM SUSTAINABILITY

Copyright © 2016 Briggs & Stratton. All rights reserved.

Site Map Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
I just noticed that I misspelled Daihatsu. I should have proof read. :ashamed:

cruizerjoy

Threads
I've got the 29hp Kohler Command pro efi and LOVE it. But the kawi and vanguard are excellent engines too. So you really cant go wrong. I think it just comes down to dollars and cents. When I bought mine they were running a special deal on the Kohler and I saved some dough.:drink: If you're brand loyal then go with it. If not than go with the best deal.:thumbsup: