Symptons of bad clutch bearings?

scagman2

Threads
Have a 2003 scag tiger cub making sounds near clutch. No issue with performance. What sounds/symptons will bad clutch bearings produce to let me know exactly what the problem is?

scagman2

Threads
Absolutely, good idea. Also very important to burnish new clutch, maybe yours has tag on new clutch stating factory did burnishing.

http://www.primelinepe.com/tech-tips-replacing-an-electric-pto-clutch/

Installed, torqued, and burnished, working fine. Thanks for the advise. Have been trying to understand exactly how the inner clutch operates, especially the bearings... since they went bad in the old clutch. I understand how the upper bearing constantly rotates while the engine runs. Have been tod the lower bearing does not rotate during clutch/cutter deck is engaged. Seeing how the retaining clutch bolt holds a round retaining plate against the lower bearing race, and that bolt is in the engine shaft... then it should rotate the lower bearing constantly as the upper bearing. Yet am told lower bearing does not rotate during clutch/deck operation. Am trying to wrap my head around this... any input?