Dixon 4423 Transaxle Bearing

Dalton

Forum Newbie
Threads
The lower bearing on the vertical shaft of the transaxle went out. Do I have to pull the entire transaxle out of the machine to replace it. Should I replace the entire assembly, comes and all, while I'm in there? If so, is there somewhere I can buy the entire thing or do I need to order it part by part? I replaced the entire transaxle years ago and it was no picnic!

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Post complete model & serial numbers & year, thanks.

New part number for bearing is 539116040 price $11.40 on Dixon parts website for 1999 4423 ZTR.

Google: Dixon Service Manual & click on PDF Service Manual.

You may get lucky by removing nut, pulley, sprocket spacer, spacer, & bearing in cone.

Last edited:

Dalton

Forum Newbie
Threads

It's a 1999 ZTR 4423. Serial DM-42-91239. Thanks much for your response and I look forward to any help you can give me. M

Dalton

Forum Newbie
Threads

New part number for bearing is 539116040 price $11.40 on Dixon parts website for 1999 4423 ZTR.

Google: Dixon Service Manual & click on PDF Service Manual.

You may get lucky by removing nut, pulley, sprocket spacer, spacer, & bearing in cone.

Thanks, I found the service manual. Are you saying it is possible to replace that Bering without pulling the entire transaxle? I've got the lower pulley off. Can I somehow pull the shaft up from the top without pulling the transaxle out?