My Honda wont start, seems its stuck in gear

jeffnjm3

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an old Honda, Harmony II HRT 216 GCV 160 Over Head Cam. For the first time in 13 years, i forgot to drain the gas and run it empty, however I dont think thats my problem. When i try to start it, it is very hard to pull. But if I pull the self propelled lever it pull pretty normally, but doesnt want to start, as the wheels are trying to turn. I tried putting it up on a block and was able to get it to start and run for a few seconds, and it sounded good. But my arm is still tired! So it seems like it is stuck in gear. Any advise on how to tackle the repair? Thanks, Jeff

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Check oil level on dipstick, is level too high, smell like gas, if so either carburetor kit or new carburetor time. If oil level is good remove spark plug & adjust valves with engine cold: intake valve 0.006, exhaust valve 0.008. Google: how to adjust valves on lawnmower engine, watch utube videos. Honda Parts Nation has your parts at good price, quick delivery to your door, you will need complete model number from mower. Drain old gas out & dispose of properly, auto parts stores recycle at no charge to you, fill with fresh gas & give it a try.