Mower blades

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Was going to order new mower deck blades for the Cub. Cub Cadet list three different style blades for this mower. Low Lift, High Lift, and hard coated. Dose anybody know that the different is in these mower blades and what they do? All I was hoping for was just a set of standard mower blades.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Was going to order new mower deck blades for the Cub. Cub Cadet list three different style blades for this mower. Low Lift, High Lift, and hard coated. Dose anybody know that the different is in these mower blades and what they do? All I was hoping for was just a set of standard mower blades.

Knowing that you only cut the grass when you have to. I think the high lift would be best. They will suk the grass up so it all gets cut. And will throw it out the shoot spread out more. ( not leave rows )

The low lift would be best if the yard is real sandy. Or lots of small rocks. As they will not suk them up and break a window.

The hard coated I know nothing about.

The low lift will last longer then the high lift.
The wing on the high lift does more work so wears out faster then on the low lift.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
High lift are for bagging.
They are what I fit to the landlord's 4 Cubs who uses them to mow the pastures.
Low lift are standard blades and the Hard coated are the super blades for commercial use.
Remember the 2000 series were designed for commercial use which is why they are such a good mower.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I went for the standard low lift blades. When I get it running I have someone who will trade me who has a smaller John Deere Sabra with a 36 in. cut. A good deal for both of us, they get a Cub Cadet 2206 Hydro with a 50in. deck and I get a smaller John Deere mower for my camp.