Deck repair advice for MTD Yardman/3.75hp B&S mounting

greynold99

Threads
  • / Deck repair advice for MTD Yardman/3.75hp B&S mounting
Hi everyone,
Does anyone have a good way to repair the engine mounting area on the push mower deck when cracks start on top where the engine bolts on? I have an old MTD Yardman mower with a 3.75hp B&S engine that runs/starts great and I'd like to repair it to get a few more years of service. Deck frames don't seem to made as well or as thick as they once were and in fact I damaged a Weedeater 500 push mower a couple of years ago, to where the only way I fixed that was to cut-out a mounting 'circle' from a old deck frame and weld it onto the Weedeater deck after cutting out the busted mounting holes.

I've been looking for some kind of flat-steel 'ring' with the opening diameter of the mower's deck opening, where all I would have to do is drill the engine mounting holes to match the frame and then bolting that onto the good-part of the deck - maybe sandwiching in some steel-epoxy. So far though, I've not found anything that matches the 8" opening of the deck.

Thought I'd post here to see if anyone had come up with the right components or a better solution.
Thanks,
greynold99

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Deck repair advice for MTD Yardman/3.75hp B&S mounting
Get some "mudguard washers" from an auto pannel store put one above & below the mounting holes and weld them on. with a full circumferential weld then repaint the deck.