Static Governor Adjustment on Kawasaki FH531

JoeLaFrank

Forum Newbie
Threads
I had to replace the carburetor on my 2000 John Deere 325. I have followed the adjustments from the JD Technical Manual that includes Throttle Cable and Choke Plate adjustment but am having problems with the Governor Static Adjustment. Per the directions, I have loosen the nut that secures the governor shaft to the governor arm, held the governor arm in the fully clockwise position and rotated the governor shaft counter clockwise as far as it will go and retightened the nut that secures the arm and shaft together. After doing this, the throttle linkage will not move. I reversed the procedure holding the arm in the counter clockwise position when I face the front of the tractor and the shaft in the clockwise position. Same thing. The linkage works when I hold the arm in the fully clockwise position the then back the shaft away from the fully counter clockwise position. The fast idle is now too fast. If I adjust this by lowering the throttle control plate will all be OK or do I still need to change the governor adjustment? What am I doing wrong that the directions in the technical manual don't work?

Static Governor Adjust2.JPG

Attachments

• Static Governor Adjust.jpg
    Static Governor Adjust.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Instructions are wrong. move the throttle to full throttle position and hold then turn governor shaft same direction as when throttle was turned. Then tighten.