Restoring a 1967 7256 , looking for decals

LawnBoy7256

Threads
Hi,
I am restoring a 1967 Lawn Boy 7256. I am having a hard time finding the decals or reproduction ones to make my Lawn Boy look great. If anyone knows where I can buy them or who can make them for me , please get in touch with me. They are all on the shroud that I am looking for. Of course through Toro/Lawn Boy they have been discontinued.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you can find pictures the take them to a sign shop ans they may make them for you.

unclelee

Threads
Go to ebay, and search for rsmotorsports_racing _collectables
If you don't see the decal set you need, just click contact seller and tell him what you need.
I get all my decals from Sam....he is great to deal with and has good quality decals and parts.
Lee

LawnBoy7256

Threads
Thanks Lee. I will be sure to give them a try. These decals seem to be very hard to find !

LawnBoy7256

Threads
Does anyone know if any piston and connecting rod from a D serries engine are interchangeable ? Or which ones are ? Mine is scorched and I would like to buy aided one of eBay but I am or sure which ones would fit. Mine is a D-404

Lawnboy77

Threads
There are basically 2 different pistons for D-400's, a 3 ring was used from 1963 to 1969, and in 1970 they went to a 2 ring piston with an all needle bearing connecting rod. The 2 piston types are not interchangeable by themselves due to the wrist pins being different sizes, so the short story is, any piston in engines made from 1963 to 69 are interchangeable with each other, but if you want to use, or upgrade to the all needle bearing setup then it would require a post 1970 piston and connecting rod. The same would apply if you have a post 1970 engine and you wanted to convert to a 3 ring piston, you would need the old school connecting rod to go with that old school 3 ring piston. Just remember that your fuel and oil ratios are different as well. The early 3 ring piston setup requires 16-1 mix, while the 2 ring piston with the all needle bearing rod will require a 32-1 mix.

LawnBoy7256

Threads
Thank you so much Lawnboy77 for all of your helpful information !!! Now I know what I need to get my old Lawnboy running again !!!