Mower deck mower deck pedal mod

mcdonell

Threads
I have a Cheetah with a 61" cut. We have about 75 hours on it. We really like it but my wife and I have both complained about the knurled round steel shaft that Cheetah calls the mower lift pedal. As senior citizens, we would like a pedal that has more leverage and a larger foot surface so we can find it without looking for it. We would also like to be able to hold the mower up on the fly as we cross over obstacles. The factory shaft digs into the bottom of your shoe after a while.

I asked my dealer if he knew of a fix for our concerns. Preferably something cheap and easy. I really like my dealer but he could not help on this issue.

I came up with a cheap easy fix that has worked well for several months. I bought a shallow rectangular electrical box and knocked out the hole on one side. I used the knurled cheetah knob as a bolt to attach the box. I added a 7/16 bolt in the upper hole to keep the box from trying to slip. Since the mod only cost about $2 and only took a few minutes to install, I thought others might be interested. I hope I have the photos attached correctly.

I am also interested in a PVC sun shade mod for my ROPS.

cheetah deck pedal 1 A .jpgcheetah deck pedal 2 A.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
That is nice. You even used the existing bolt to stop rotation. I love it.

John R

Threads
Great idea, thanks for posting it.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Nice to see someone thinking outside the box or inside in this case, but you forgot the yellow paint.