Briggs Intek 26hp Governor arm

kyhunter

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have removed the crankcase to fix an oil leak and I am now putting it back together. Does the governor rod that goes into the crankcase housing have to be in a certain position? I have the crankcase on, but not tightened down. When I move the arm, it only moves a small about. Here is a picture.

govarm.PNG

Thanks!

kyhunter

Forum Newbie
Threads
The actual Briggs part number is 691045 Crank--Governor (616). Not sure if this provides any help.

Arm2.PNG

Tinkerer200

Threads
Hmm, I don't remove the governor arm when removing the sump but no matter, the static governor setting needs rechecked, re-set after removing/installing the sump anyway. Push the throttle arm on the carb to wide open position. whatever way this moves the shaft coming out of the block and the attached arm, clockwise in this case, move the arm as far as it will go while throttle is wide open, hold there while tightening the clamp holding the governor arm to the governor shaft. As you said, there is not much movement either direction.

Good luck,

Walt Conner
wconner5 at frontier dot com

PS: I can send you a Service Manual for your engine IF you like. Address below, out in proper format and remind me engine model number and what you want.

Last edited:

kyhunter

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the information Walt. I didn't remove the arm. When you have the crankcase off there arm will turn considerably. Yes, I would definitely like the service manual.

Thanks

kyhunter

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sorry forgot the model number. It is 44P777-0110-G1