Husqvarna RZ5426 not cutting right

Steve333

Forum Newbie
Threads
I got this last year from lowes at a discount because it was a return. It was brand new and the person who returmed it only had it for 3 days. But since i got it as a return, it was clearance price amd i cant take it in to have them fix this issue......

This is a zero turn mower
26hp
747cc
Its the Kohler 7000 series

The problem is, that it's not cutting well. Its leaving strips of longer grass. I guess tou would call the issue an uneven cut. Im posting this for my husband and i don't know anything about lawn mowers, much less these zero turn mowers!

Any tips or advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance and have a blessed day!

tbarnett

Threads
I would check the deck and see if it is level or if one of the deck mounts has come loose. Have your husband check the owners manual on how to level the deck. If that isn't the problem then there are other areas that can be checked out.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Get under the deck and check that the blades almost touch each other.
If the distane between them is much more than 1/4" they will "mowhawk"
You can reduce this affect by mowing in sweeping left hand turns.
If they are close then drive slower. You can only mow as fast as the blades will cut.
Mulching makes it worse so you have to drive even slower with mulching blades
The engine must be running flat chat. A lot of people new to ZTR's try to run at 1/2 throttle because they have troubles controlling them
This is bad because the blade tip speed ( BTS ) is way too slow and the blade just bends the grass over rather than cutting it.
A slow blade speed also produces less up draft which is what stands the blades up to get chopped by the blade.
And of course the blades must be sharp/

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
First make sure you are cutting with the throttle on fast.
Husqvarna zero turns cut better when you heal the deck. Level the deck so the back of it is 1/4 inch lower then the front.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a similar model and they start cutting like this when grass start building up under the deck. You don't need water just a pudy knife. What I use is at flat pry bar.