Yazoo Kees Stalls

MartyTate

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone! I have recently acquired a Yazoo Kees ZT MAX with kawasaki engine that has a few issues. Most have been dealt with except the engine wants to cut off when engaging the drives or the blades. I checked the parking brake switch and it seems to be doing it's job. I do have an owner's manual with wiring diagram, and that has helped, but I am stuck. The nearest Dealer to me is 50 miles away. Kinda hard to load it on a trailer when it doesn't move. Thanks for any help!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If it stops dead when you let the brake off or engage the blades then the seat switch is faulty, or the wiring between it and the mower.
The mower senses you are not there so will not allow the mower to move or the blades to turn.

MartyTate

Forum Newbie
Threads
I had checked that as well, seeing as the previous owner had let the connector get pinched between the seat and frame. I replaced the connection and it still has no change. Even bypassed the switch just to see if it was a problem in the seat.

If it stops dead when you let the brake off or engage the blades then the seat switch is faulty, or the wiring between it and the mower.
The mower senses you are not there so will not allow the mower to move or the blades to turn.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Check the wiring diagrm and you will see how the seat switch is connected to both the PTO switch and the brake switch.
Your fault will be there.
If it has a relay fitted thet can also be the fault.

MartyTate

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bypassed the seat switch and replaced the "Brake Relay". It will stay running when I disengage the parking brake, but stalls when I try to engage the drive or blades. Only thing I haven't replaced is the electric clutch switch. That will be next. Thanks for the help

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
OK it goes like this.
Brake switch is connected to seat switch which is connected to magneto kill wire.
Seat switch is connected to PTO switch which is connected to the magneto kill wire.
They may have some common connection or might be independant from each other.
I can not find a wiring diagram,
All of these circuits are ground circuits so if there is a short you will not blow a fuse.
The PTO switch may be faulty but in most cases it faults on the power side so the blades do not spin up at all.

paul f

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: Yazoo Kees blade engage

when I try to engage cutting blades sometimes they come on briefly then just blades shut off mower still runs or will not engage at all

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Re: Yazoo Kees blade engage

when I try to engage cutting blades sometimes they come on briefly then just blades shut off mower still runs or will not engage at all

Paul,

Please do not piggy back on some one elses thread.
HIS problem was engine cutting out.
YOUR problem is blades cutting out.
MY problem is I get confused because a "new" problem has magically happened.