Found a new obsession...

Summerlin

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello from rural NC. Relatively new homeowner with 12 acres, about 3 to cut total with a mower and right at 1 around the house that I try and "groom"; the rest is pasture so it's bush hogged. I've never really been into landscaping/lawn care until we bought this house. I have quite an addictive/obsessive personality, so I'm enthralled with this new world of landscaping now that I have a house and huge yard of my own. I've been using my father in law's CC Z-Force (48") to cut everything, and I'll be buying my own CC this fall when they go on sale, which will most likely be the Z-Force LX60. I'm a researcher, so I've looked at CC, Ferris, Kubota, Gravely, Hustler, Scag, Toro, Exmark's (just for the fun of it), and Snapper Pro's. My FIL has nothing but good things to say about his CC. I've eyed the ProZ 160 with the Kohler, but I don't think I need a true commercial mower.

This fall I plan to tackle this lawn. Just gonna maintain the weeds and patchy fescue for the summer, then hit it hard in Sept and next spring with core aeration, fertilizer, and overseed of tall fescue.

I'm excited about diving into this forum and getting into the landscaping/lawn care stuff. Plus, it gives me a damn good excuse to buy another toy.

Cheers!

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Welcome to the forum and the obsession. :cool:

Short Cut

Forum Newbie
Threads
I can think of a lot other stuff you could've fallen victim to............enjoy.

Some folks never feel that great about their homes.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello from rural NC. Relatively new homeowner with 12 acres, about 3 to cut total with a mower and right at 1 around the house that I try and "groom"; the rest is pasture so it's bush hogged. I've never really been into landscaping/lawn care until we bought this house. I have quite an addictive/obsessive personality, so I'm enthralled with this new world of landscaping now that I have a house and huge yard of my own. I've been using my father in law's CC Z-Force (48") to cut everything, and I'll be buying my own CC this fall when they go on sale, which will most likely be the Z-Force LX60. I'm a researcher, so I've looked at CC, Ferris, Kubota, Gravely, Hustler, Scag, Toro, Exmark's (just for the fun of it), and Snapper Pro's. My FIL has nothing but good things to say about his CC. I've eyed the ProZ 160 with the Kohler, but I don't think I need a true commercial mower.

This fall I plan to tackle this lawn. Just gonna maintain the weeds and patchy fescue for the summer, then hit it hard in Sept and next spring with core aeration, fertilizer, and overseed of tall fescue.

I'm excited about diving into this forum and getting into the landscaping/lawn care stuff. Plus, it gives me a damn good excuse to buy another toy.

Cheers!

You should always over sead in the fall. This makes it very hard for weeds to grow when grass is covering the ground.