Brand New Cut Cadet dying, then I can immediatley restart.

qetuo88

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Brand New Cut Cadet dying, then I can immediatley restart.
I have a brand new XT1 with a 24hp V Twin Kohler (less than 7 hours of use). It will now sputter and die. I can immediately choke and restart. It runs for about 1 minute, then dies again. When it's running it sounds great, mows great. It does not matter if the blades are engaged or not. I also tried choking it when it starts sputtering, but that didn't help. A couple of times it sputtered to almost dying, then recovered to a full run. Most of the time, though it just dies. I can't imagine a fuel filter issue on a brand new tractor, but it does sound fuel related.

RudyP

Threads
I have a brand new XT1 with a 24hp V Twin Kohler (less than 7 hours of use). It will now sputter and die. I can immediately choke and restart. It runs for about 1 minute, then dies again. When it's running it sounds great, mows great. It does not matter if the blades are engaged or not. I also tried choking it when it starts sputtering, but that didn't help. A couple of times it sputtered to almost dying, then recovered to a full run. Most of the time, though it just dies. I can't imagine a fuel filter issue on a brand new tractor, but it does sound fuel related.

Contact the dealer immediately, it should not be causing issues @ 7 hrs. unless you got some bad gas at a station or there is a safety interlock switch shorting out somewhere.:confused:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Before you do that open your fuel cap as gently as you can and look inside to see if something is in the fuel tank besides gas.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Ring the dealer your bought it from write down the name of the person you spoke to ( very important ) and do exactly what he tells you to do .
If the problem does not resolve bring the mower back for a warrantee service.
It does sound like you have bad fuel but it is important to get a warrantee history happening just in case you got the bad one that slipped past the QC dept or the dealer goofed the predelivery.
Both are easy done at the hetic early season rush.

RudyP

Threads
Contact the dealer immediately, it should not be causing issues @ 7 hrs. unless you got some bad gas at a station or there is a safety interlock switch shorting out somewhere.:confused:

Just curious if you solved the problem. Thanks, RP.