CV740 bad oil leak

southam

Threads
Kohler CV740-3119 Serial #3932203061 I have bad leak that is dripping off the round aluminum plate that is part of the oil "pan" that the oil cooler and filter are attached to . First I replaced O-ring behind plastic cooler mount . Not it .Thought the plastic mount with the 2 oil lines on topside was cracked , I really checked it out but saw no sign of crack . Then read that the "pan " gasket can leak there but it's not . Engine was totally cleaned and wiped down and I used a good light to search while engine is running "that's when it leaks".I'm thinking the plastic mount has a crack that only shows up when tightly installed .?? Thanks for any ideas ...

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
You may already have this information, if not google: Kohler engine service manuals, enter CV740 then service manual.

southam

Threads
You may already have this information, if not google: Kohler engine service manuals, enter CV740 then service manual.

Thanks Mark Going to check that ... I did some more investigating . I think the pan is cracked right behind the filter just behind the round flange that the filter assembly screws to .