JD 175 hydro drive belt help

mcmuria

Forum Newbie
Threads
New to the web site. thanks in advance for any knowledge that you can share.
I was given a 175 about 8 years ago. I just this week thru the hydro drive belt. Not bad for a 1988 model.
I could use some input on what stupid thing that I should avoid, if I actually knew what I was doing.
Thanks again,
mcmuria

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
As I recall you will have to remove the mower deck. Maybe take some pictures of the old belt before you start the job because it can be a little tricky doing that belt on that model JD.

Glyn Robinson

Threads
when i replaced the drive belt on my 1994 JD320 i had to remove the deck, front electric PTO, and the tension spring that hold tension on the drive belt. after that, it was kida easy. taking pics before will help when you install the new belt.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
With the exception of MTD made machines with the vari drive I stand all tractors on their bum to do tranny belts.
So much easier.
Drain the fuel, remove the battery, dissconnect the deck then hoist up the front wheels and every thing is there right in front of your face.
easy peasy

mcmuria

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the input. I had a good day. Completed the belt replacement in 1 hour and I had my stihl fs55r repaired for $36 while I waited. Its amazing what you can learn if you listen.