Nice and cheap......

FastPauly

Forum Newbie
Threads
.....way to lift that chute when needed. No need to get off the seat.....just pull the chain and away you go. :smile:

Exmark resized (4).jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Been doing that with a bungee cord for decades. Yours looks nicer.

mooch91

Threads
I like! Can you lock/hold it in an open position?

FastPauly

Forum Newbie
Threads
I like! Can you lock/hold it in an open position?
Yes...it stays in the full up position. Just a flick of the hand on the end of the chute and it goes back down on its own weight. You can adjust the tightness of the two bolts that the chute hinges on to achieve the desired results. I put the bicycle inner tube over the chain just to assure it didn't catch on anything. I have to put the chute up in a couple of spots when mowing my lawn to get in between some small trees....also has to come up to fit through the doors in my utility shed. It was always a pita to have to get off the mower to do this.....not anymore!!

mooch91

Threads
Thanks. Did you have a spring on the chute initially? I'm considering this for another make/model that has spring tension to keep the chute down.

FastPauly

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks. Did you have a spring on the chute initially? I'm considering this for another make/model that has spring tension to keep the chute down.
No...this particular mower does not have a spring to hold it up/down...it just "free" hinges on the two mounting bolts.