Blades Bradley Lawn Mower Blade Sharpener

Ron123

Threads
I have owned a Bradley blade sharpener for about 3 years. I have used it very little because I cannot figure out how to use it. Now that I have more free time I would like to use it. I would like to have a 30 degree angle but I can’t figure out how to set it up to get that angle. The only way I see to get that angle is to use it like you would a bench grinder. If anyone has a picture of their setup it would be great. Is it possible to get a 30 degree angle and repeat it every time with this machine? With the grinding wheel raised as high as it will go you get a much steeper angle than 30 degrees.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
You should sharpen blades to 40 degrees not 30.
Never mind Oragon blades are 30 degrees. Video instructions on how to use your grinder is on youtube.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I guess 300 hundred dollars for a blade sharpener isn't too bad if you sharpen a lot of blades. You will still need something to clean the blades before sharping. I just paid 200 hundred for my angle grinder with a knot brush to clean the blades first and a stone to grind/sharpen them. Just a little harder to get the right angle. Never had a customer complain yet about my sharping job yet.

Ron123

Threads
I was hoping that someone would find that I am doing something wrong, I guess not. It looks like if you want a 30 degree angle every time you cannot do it with this machine. Save your money and buy a bench grinder and you will do the same thing. I had hoped to find videos on YouTube that would show how it do it. The only videos that I find show using it as a bench grinder to get a 30 degree angle.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Could you have too large a wheel? Never heard of a 40 degree angle rule. I've always sharpen straight blades at 30 degrees and match the angle on wavy blades. Never had a complaint and I sharpen an average of 15 blades a day at this time of years.

Ron123

Threads
Could you have too large a wheel? Never heard of a 40 degree angle rule. I've always sharpen straight blades at 30 degrees and match the angle on wavy blades. Never had a complaint and I sharpen an average of 15 blades a day at this time of years.

I have the wheel that came with it. I bought the blade grinder new. If the wheel was replaced with a smaller size it would help.

aj-allen

Forum Newbie
Threads
You don't say what model you have but typically you raise or lower the motor assembly to adjust the angle.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads

15 blades a day, sure glad its you and not me, Not my favorite job.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I used to sharpen my blades every 2 days.
Now I just hate it so maybe once a week now. With a bench grinder.