CC XT3 GS 42" Enduro series inquiry

RudyP

Threads
Hello I have been mowing 3 acres +/- with a Cub Cadet 2166 42" stamped deck & 16 h.p. Kohler Command engine lawn tractor and although it is still going strong starting it's 13th year I am planning ahead for a replacement lawn tractor. I really like the virtually maintenance free shaft drive and am looking at the new Cub XT3 GS (has no electric deck lift/electric steering) which appears to be the closest match to the 2166. I may have overlooked it but have searched the forums for any owners/users of this new model and wanted to ask if they would give me more information, positive and/or negative, about it. The most problematic issue on the 2166 is the upkeep on the 42" stamped deck; it was plagued with paint peeling off in sheets, rust and one broken weld on a front hanger bracket. I like having only 2 blades to deal with on the 42" deck but after all the patching on this one may go up to a 3 blade fab deck model which hopefully would give better service and durability, although they only offer the fab deck on models with electric lift & steering. Any first hand information anyone would offer on the new CC XT3 GS 42" Enduro lawn tractor specifically and/or any XT3 Enduro model is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, RP.

Attachments

• My CC 2166.pdf
    262.1 KB · Views: 6