Mower deck Mower Deck and Electrical Problems

rockdalellc

Forum Newbie
Threads
I own a Husqvarna Poulan Pro 925ZX. For the past couple of weeks I've had trouble with my blade deck tripping my 7.5 amp fuses. It all started when the Deck Idler Arm and the Pulley-Idler both seized up and popped the Deck Belt. I have replaced both parts, the Deck Belt and installed a new Blade Engagement PTO Switch, it works OK now. However......from time to time the 7.5 amp fuse is still tripping (blown). Can anybody in the Forum help with this problem? I've read the owner's manual, is there something simple I'm over looking?

rockdalellc

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
disclaimer, I don't own your machine so only answer from a theory point of view. If something is dragging or inhibiting "expected" current demand by the electric clutch it will tell the charging/bat system, "more current, please." That in turn can exceed the fuse capacity and open it. Someone recently has had a corroded or frozen clutch bearing problem which might do this, or something bent or fouling normal belting? And some of the guys here can probably tell you what the running current measurement should be. To hook up a DVM for current reading is a little tricky , but I think it could be done, carefully.

Otherwise the only thing I can think of is initial inrush current may somehow be lasting too long. (When the clutch first engages it wants more than 7.5 amps, but for how long?) There is is normally a delay in the fuse failure. Going to a larger fuse is probably not a good idea unless the mfgr made a mistake in the expected current value. With this I bet knowledgeable people will chime in.:laughing:

rockdalellc

Forum Newbie
Threads
disclaimer, I don't own your machine so only answer from a theory point of view. If something is dragging or inhibiting "expected" current demand by the electric clutch it will tell the charging/bat system, "more current, please." That in turn can exceed the fuse capacity and open it. Someone recently has had a corroded or frozen clutch bearing problem which might do this, or something bent or fouling normal belting? And some of the guys here can probably tell you what the running current measurement should be. To hook up a DVM for current reading is a little tricky , but I think it could be done, carefully.

Otherwise the only thing I can think of is initial inrush current may somehow be lasting too long. (When the clutch first engages it wants more than 7.5 amps, but for how long?) There is is normally a delay in the fuse failure. Going to a larger fuse is probably not a good idea unless the mfgr made a mistake in the expected current value. With this I bet knowledgeable people will chime in.:laughing:
Thank you for your reply.....It sounds reasonable and possible. This is a good start for me to look. Like I mention before.... this is only happens sometimes now. After I replaced the Deck Idler Arm, Pulley-Idler, new Deck Belt and installed a new Blake Engagement Switch. I will look into this.
Thanks........rockdalellc

ingigo

Threads
does it happen out of no where, or in thick grass, running uphill or after a certain amount of time? Maybe the belt tension gets to tight at times and blows the fuse. Just ideas....