Any Market for an 8 HP Tecumseh

jakesmurray

Threads
So this Craftsman tractor that I picked up for a buck has an old 8 HP Tecumseh on it. Are these things worth anything? I have no idea if it runs, I know that the tractor is a '61, and this appears to be the original motor, especially since the hood says 8 HP on it. Would I be ahead to get it running and try to sell it, or would it be more of a 'put on the shelf' collector's item? Thanks for any insight. :thumbsup:

tecumseh.JPG

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Who knows maybe someone out there is looking for just that engine?? E-bay maybe? Don't know why because you can buy a new engine for not very much money.

jakesmurray

Threads
Ok. Just want to make sure I don't have something super rare on my hands.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ok. Just want to make sure I don't have something super rare on my hands.

If someone wants it its super rare, who knows if you don't try. Some of the older K series Kohler's engines are wanted for pulling tractors because they can get big power out of them. Another engine that is getting rare is the Briggs engine with the reverse PTO shaft. A vertical shaft Tecumseh not running I don't know or think so but who knows??? try :thumbsup: Old Craftsman mowers not running, there can't be much of a demand for them that I know of. If you can put it away on the shelf for the next 50 years it will become one of them collectors idem because of the age of it maybe.

jakesmurray

Threads
Thanks for the help. I'm keeping the tractor and putting a Briggs on it. I'll update this thread with whatever I do with the Tecumseh.

jakesmurray

Threads
She cleaned up pretty good... :cool:

Just put it on my local classifieds for $25.

tec.JPG