Aquired a Cub

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Not new to the forum but new to owning a 2206 Cub. One of my customers gave up hope on repairs and just wanted a new mower so he gave me his old 2206 Cub Cadet with a Kohler CH20 engine. I got it home and found bent push rods. I haven't taken it apart other then removing the valve covers, I have heard that these engines are noted to have exhaust valve guides problems that bend the push rods. I got two new heads coming with all the gaskets. I plan to using this mower for my camp mower which will be more mower then I need, but who knows maybe I will be able to trade it for something smaller and the price was right.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As you most likely already know CC has discontinued support for this mower.
The spindle housings are NLA ex warehouse so it is only dealer stock remaining.
AFAIK there are no aftermarket alternatives.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
As you most likely already know CC has discontinued support for this mower.
The spindle housings are NLA ex warehouse so it is only dealer stock remaining.
AFAIK there are no aftermarket alternatives.

Well I guess I have been lucky so far. Just bought two new heads for the Kohler engine and a front castor bracket for the mower deck. Shouldn't need any CC support because I do my own repairs. All bearings, belts, and seal are universal and can be bought very easy. Parts are something that just doesn't concern me at all seeing there has to just be thousands of these mowers out there. If I do keep it, will only mow a 1/2 acre of lawn when someone is using the camp a few times a year. Much more mower then I need. I was thinking maybe of letting the neighbor use it for his lawn also and that way it will get used more often. It must be a different situation in Australia then here in the USA on the Cub Cadet?? My brother is still running a 50 year old Cub and still mowing lawn with it.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just bought a whole list of parts from Jacks small engine for this mower's chassis. No shortage of parts so far??? Just removed the heads today and found the exhaust valve seat on the left head had came out, the new heads will fix that. The mower was given to me so I can afford to spend some money on its repairs.:

:thumbsup: Was just looking at my new acquired Cub and in big letters in back of the seat (MADE IN USA) :thumbsup:

Last edited:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
All finish with the repairs with just a little over 300 dollars in parts for a 2206 Cub. I am making a trade for a John Deere Sabre plus the parts cost of my parts. I am making out good on that if I don't have too many repairs to do on the JD . As I recall the Sabre was on the low side of the John Deere's quality, but its all I will need for a camp mower. So what ever I do have to spend on the Sabre will be the cost of my new/old camp mower which will be lucky if it gets used or misused 10 hr. per year. Why I say misused it run by whoever happened to be staying at the camp and that is a camp rule to mow the lawn.