New Cub Cadet XT2 LX42" EFI

stompy0375

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is the wire under the wing nut included in the mulching kit?

tigercat

Threads
Yes it was included. I purchased it at the time I purchased the tractor from the dealer. There are 2 blades, a cover, a wingnut and a retaining wire in the box.

stompy0375

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the quick reply.
Love the'pwer, not too impressed with the mulching kit, hopefully this one will work better!

stompy0375

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: New Cub Cadet XT2 - 42

I received the replacement mulching kit for my XT2 mower.
After installing it, I find that grass still comes out from the bottom. Do you have this problem with yours?
They did not replace the plug, it certainly looks like the new one.
Thanks

tigercat

Threads
Re: New Cub Cadet XT2 - 42

The cover won't fall off as your cutting the grass but it looks messy afterwards with grass pushing out at the bottom. When I'm done using the machine, I blow it off every where good with my leaf blower, then I unscrew the screw and wire then wipe the grass clean on the deck. Then I replace the wire, washer and wingnut.

I think the way the deck is made (and the way the cover fits) grass will fill up the voids around the opening. In defense of the Cub Cover plate, my former Sears machine did the same thing. I had to undo the rubber bungee cords and remove that cover to clean out the grass in the same areas. I guess it is what it is with these covers being some what a "after thought" accessory for the machine.

My little snapper 20" push mower as a cover and it fits a lot tighter. I don't clean that out, as it sits very tightly around the opening.

Perhaps if the grass pushing out is a concern for you, take some window caulking and put a nice bead all around the opening of the cover. Attach the cover and let it dry for a few days. That would form a gasket where the grass won't push out of that opening. I don't know how long it will last. Even better find a black rubber used for car windows. That would last and look better than the white stuff.

stompy0375

Forum Newbie
Threads
Great advice, thanks again for your quick reply.
I have mowed twice now, and it seems to be doing lot better.
Thank you

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
It is an interesting machine. Do they make a garden tractor with the EFI? I might try one as ole Intek lost a cylinder yesterday and may be near the end of expected life (2004). I want a garden tractor ( better frame/axles/tranny) so I can pull some lite ground implements. I think there is a dealer in Portland, but have never stopped by.