Cub Cadet or Snapper?

Travis NC

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey guys, Im new here and hope to not waste anyones time. Im looking to move from a push to riding mower to handle my .6 acre lawn. Mostly flat w/ no tight places to worry about squeazing through. However one concern is taking up to much of the garage so Im thinking between a 42-46 rider. Ive mostly narrowed my choices between either:

Snapper SPX 22/42
Cub Cadet XT2 42

Would like to be around this price range (1700) or cheaper. I already tried the used market once and almost got burned so Im looking to buy something reasonable that will last a while w/ a warranty. I have local CC and Snapper dealers not far away so that helps.

Any advice? I hear alot of good things with the Cub Cadet but not much with the new Snapper's since apparently they've fixed the belt issues they were known for. Both look to be nice mowers, and I do prefer the metal hood on the Snapper as well.

Thanks guys!

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
You can't go wrong with either mower, both top brand mowers.

Travis NC

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, thats pretty much what I as thinking. Would love to see some more reviews on the 2015/2016 Snapper since apparently the belt issue has been fixed. Thanks

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
The only reason I would chose the Cub over Snapper is because we have some very good Cub Cadet dealers around where I live. You might want to think where you will get the best service after the sale.

Travis NC

Forum Newbie
Threads
The only reason I would chose the Cub over Snapper is because we have some very good Cub Cadet dealers around where I live. You might want to think where you will get the best service after the sale.

Thanks. It seems the reverse out here. Several Snapper dealers, and only 1 or 2 Cub Cadet Dealers. The 1 I visited wasn't very helpful and dont think I'd give them my business anyways. Probably gonna go with the Snapper SPX either 42 or 46. Ill post a review when I do. :smile: