Mulching blade for a Ferris is2000

mitchkrama

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'd like to get a set of mulching blades for my Ferris is2000 with the ICD mowing deck. The stock blades from what I understand are designed more to work with a collection system, which at $2500 I don't really want for my non-commercial set up. I live in MA and the lawn uses no chemicals or irrigation, so it definitely boasts a few different grass types. Does anyone have any tips or blade recommendations?

clpolcar

Threads
I personally used gator blades on my is600 all last year. They were OK. I bought a collection system this year for it and put the factory blades back on it and it cuts better now.

edward6967

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'd like to get a set of mulching blades for my Ferris is2000 with the ICD mowing deck. The stock blades from what I understand are designed more to work with a collection system, which at $2500 I don't really want for my non-commercial set up. I live in MA and the lawn uses no chemicals or irrigation, so it definitely boasts a few different grass types. Does anyone have any tips or blade recommendations?

My understanding is you have to buy a mulching system as well. The cost is about 320, plus installation? I was under the impression it was more than just blades? I'd like to know what you have learned? I'm having a rough time with my IS700 the mower's suction is pulling up dead thatch (I think) and it gets mixed in the the fresh cut grass clippings. My yard looks really bad after mowing. It's really disappointing considering what these mowers cost that the output is really bad. Paying $2500 for the bagging system just seems unrealistic considering this mower isn't being used in a commercial capacity. At the rate I'm going I will have spent more on this mower than I did on my Harley Davidson Street Glide. LOL.