Hello from MS

RudyP

Threads
I am new to this site and just wanted to say hello. I am 62 and mow 3 acres with our 12 yr. old Cub Cadet 2166 42" cut tractor that is still going strong. I am thinking of upgrading to reduce mowing and trimming time and am glad to have found this site with all the informative reviews from tips from fellow operators. Thanks, RP.:newhere:

Attachments

• CUB 1.pdf
    262.1 KB · Views: 15

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
That page is funny! Looks like you are having a good time on that tractor.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
:welcome:

Therer is nothing under $ 10,000 that I would consider an "upgrade" from a 2166.
Mowers have gotten a lot cheaper in the past 20 years & I am not restricting it to price.

RudyP

Threads
Thanks guys, yes the CC has been a fun tractor although it has had some quirks. The stamped deck was the most problematic; rusting and paint peeling off in sheets which required some patch welding then complete sanding, priming and painting. I will definitely get a fab deck next go around. The shaft drive is my favorite part, no belt to deal with. The CC dealer is an old friend and had one also, he states the 2166 was the best tractor that MTD/CC ever built but said the old IH/CC he sold were absolutely bullet proof. I am really considering a steering wheel ztr's for slopes but have read some bad posts about CC. A Toro dealer friend offers a fab deck SWX 4250-42" but I read it has the lighter ezt zt-2200 hydro-gear's, one would need to move up to the SWX5050-50" to get the zt-2800's for pulling a yard cart and a sweeper for fall leaves.The 50" would not fit thru my chain link gates although I could use my tractor if it keeps going strong. Steering wheel ztr's are catching on so I will hold off for now and see what future offers may come on the market. Thanks again for the welcome, RP.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome, I had the same problem of no gate entrance with my Craftsman 48." After my last dog passed I took down a section of fencing . Man, mower cutting is a lot easier than weed whacking! All you need to add is a big wing and you can go outlaw racing? That is one cute beagle puppy. He looks like he is refusing to laugh at your joke.

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Welcome to the forum! Happy to have you here.

:welcome:

RudyP

Threads
Yes he was my old dear friend Bogey (bad golf, not Bogart) who passed away last year @ 14. He was known to sip a little Miller High Life long neck from time to time but was the best protector and hunting buddy, especially at finding snakes, I could have ever asked for. He certainly had a mind of his own and broke the mold when he came onto the scene; we still miss him very much. "Here's to you my old friend" :drink: Thanks, RP.