Solenoid andkey were replace, have a new battery, my mower tll doest start

Jillicala

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Solenoid andkey were replace, have a new battery, my mower tll doest start
After consulting on line information and replacing the solenoid and new key my mower sits unable to start. I have no idea of what is wrong.:thumbdown:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you would like help, please read this thread and post back with the info needed.

HOW DO YOU CHANGE A MUFFLER BELT??

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
After consulting on line information and replacing the solenoid and new key my mower sits unable to start. I have no idea of what is wrong.:thumbdown:

Start with the simple things first like, battery, (have the battery tested) battery cables, loose or dirty connections.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
A starter can be tested off the mower by just jumpering 12V and ground to the respective electrical points. Do you understand this? Only meant to learn more about your background.

solefate

Threads
Does it try to start? Click, turn over, anything?

solefate

Threads
I think rivets pissed him off,nobody likes a smart ***.

I think you're right lol. I just wonder if he got his belt changed out.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you want help from the techs on this forum, you have to help us. How can you help someone who doesn't even post a brand name. Those who want to throw out guesses can do so all they want, I'll help anyone who tells me what they are working on, but I can't tell you where the muffler belt is located until I know which model and brand of outboard you are working on. If someone is working on the electrical system and can't find numbers, he's going to do more harm than good. You can call me what you like, but at least I know what I'm talking about.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you want help from the techs on this forum, you have to help us. How can you help someone who doesn't even post a brand name. Those who want to throw out guesses can do so all they want, I'll help anyone who tells me what they are working on, but I can't tell you where the muffler belt is located until I know which model and brand of outboard you are working on. If someone is working on the electrical system and can't find numbers, he's going to do more harm than good. You can call me what you like, but at least I know what I'm talking about.

Ditto, ditto amd double ditto.

One can not give accurate information if you don't know what you are looking at.
I can write generic things all day but if what I write does not marry up with what the poster sees in front of them they just get confused the send a confusing post that confuese every one on the forum and those who look at it latter on.
If you come somewhere asking for free assistance then you do so with humility and grattitude.
If the OP wants to have a hissy fit because mummy was not on hand to wipe his little botty ad tell him it it all right he is still the most important person in the world then the answer is tough.

Rivits has walked some of the thickest stupidist clots through complete rebuilds that I gave up on because they could not help fiddleing with things rather than simply do as asked.
His "muffler belt" post is actually amusing and written without any visible malace, although an emotocan or two thrown in may have lightened it up a bit.

If some one finds that offensive then perhaps they are better off taking it to a shop.

And of course this is jumping to the conclusion that the OP was pissed.
The could have fixed the mower, sold the mower, had a heart attack, had a computer malfunction, forgotten their password or even just plain run out of time right now.

solefate

Threads
Ditto, ditto amd double ditto.

One can not give accurate information if you don't know what you are looking at.
I can write generic things all day but if what I write does not marry up with what the poster sees in front of them they just get confused the send a confusing post that confuese every one on the forum and those who look at it latter on.
If you come somewhere asking for free assistance then you do so with humility and grattitude.
If the OP wants to have a hissy fit because mummy was not on hand to wipe his little botty ad tell him it it all right he is still the most important person in the world then the answer is tough.

Rivits has walked some of the thickest stupidist clots through complete rebuilds that I gave up on because they could not help fiddleing with things rather than simply do as asked.
His "muffler belt" post is actually amusing and written without any visible malace, although an emotocan or two thrown in may have lightened it up a bit.

If some one finds that offensive then perhaps they are better off taking it to a shop.

And of course this is jumping to the conclusion that the OP was pissed.
The could have fixed the mower, sold the mower, had a heart attack, had a computer malfunction, forgotten their password or even just plain run out of time right now.

When I used to work IT, half of the calls were password related. Also that Muffler Belt post is something that shouldn't have to be said. Except for the part about wannabee's, I took that one to heart lol. :ashamed: