ajusting valve clerance

curtis deppe

Forum Newbie
Threads
how do i adjust the valve clearance on a kohler command13 it says it is a hydraulic valve the engine is weak when the mower is engaged

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
how do i adjust the valve clearance on a kohler command13 it says it is a hydraulic valve the engine is weak when the mower is engaged

Why do you think it is the valves?
You should never have to touch them. Unless something breaks.

mhavanti

Threads
I have seen the Command rockers back off until they no longer open the valves far enough and makes it difficult to start and causing low power. Wear on the rocker arm tips and valve tips can also create a gap.

curtis deppe

Forum Newbie
Threads
Why do you think it is the valves?
You should never have to touch them. Unless something breaks.

i have changed everything that can be replaced and still the same there is no power when you are mowing it just bogs right down and it smokes a little when you start it for a few seconds

curtis deppe

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have seen the Command rockers back off until they no longer open the valves far enough and makes it difficult to start and causing low power. Wear on the rocker arm tips and valve tips can also create a gap.

every thing is connected like its all one piece but its looks like there is a shim plate do you ad or remove this i dont know this is my dads mower and he is to stubburn to get it fixed

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Run a compression check. What clearance is at the rocker(s) cold? Does the valve gear clatter loudly when hot?