Turf Tiger oil change

Sonders

Threads
Needing to do an oil change on my TT with Kaw 29 dfi engine. We just moved and I can't find my manual at the moment. What oil do these engines call for? I bought it last year and it was serviced before I bought it, so this will be my first service on it, would have liked to have done it before mowing season started but been in the process of moving for a couple months. Any quick help on this would be greatly appreciated as I'd like to get it changed. Have filter already, just not sure on oil.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
30 weight and any winter temp you need for your area.
oil_chart.jpg

clay45

Threads
My dealer told me they always use straight 30w so that is what I continue to use. No problems.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Correct 30 wt is what is recommended but if you run it in the winter you need the winter weight as well. Never start a mower in a cold winter without winter weight in the oil.

John R

Threads
My dealer told me they always use straight 30w so that is what I continue to use. No problems.

My dealer said the same thing for my Tiger Cat II with a Kaw.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I run 10W30 in both of mine. Had no problems.

Be sure and cut a 20 oz soda bottle off to about 2 inches and stick it under the filter to catch oil and not make a mess.

Hexel

Forum Newbie
Threads
I run 10W30 in both of mine. Had no problems.

Be sure and cut a 20 oz soda bottle off to about 2 inches and stick it under the filter to catch oil and not make a mess.

Better yet, just use some aluminum foil to create your own tray
It works great and no mess

Sonders

Threads
Thanks guys. Got busy and didn't get to oil change. Hopefully I'll have time to get to it this weekend. I have a couple qts of Sae 30 wt sitting around. My next question was going to be about tips on how to change the oil without making a huge mess. So you guys covered that already, good deal.